Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Houdini Birds

So all the baby chickens have been hanging out on the back porch in our little brooders for a few weeks now. We added 14 more babies the other day after a trip to town resulted in finding clearance baby chicks. So now we have speckled Sussex chickens as well.  I think I know why they were reduced now...they are little escape artists.
 I had opened the door to go out on the porch to do laundry, when I noticed a little baby sitting on the floor. Great I thought, now Ive got to catch him. After chasing him around for a few minutes, then him chasing me for a few, I called for the youngin......get this creature I told her. So she chases him into the corner and has to  do some contortionist like moves to reach under and behind some stuff to get him. Finally the little fellow is contained.
 I watch over the next few days to find these critters on top of their waterer, and walking along the edges of the brooder like little acrobats.
 The hubby had to put chicken wire on top of the bantam babies brooder because they have begun to fly , and were running around the back porch as well. They don't want you to know they can get out though, as they will jump back in as soon as they see you coming.

The bantams are starting to feather out now, and will soon have to move to the great outdoors. The ducks have finally moved to the garage with their little brooder and light ( by the way I really do not recommend that you have ducks anywhere near the house because boy are they funky).


The new baby speckled Sussex chickens.......





My little bantams......


















Remember our lovely cats who enjoy nothing more than Tripping folks up? They have now multiplied. We have about 4 new baby kitties........anyone want a baby ? Please? :)



The proud mommy.....









The babies













No comments:

Post a Comment